We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Facilities system Mechanical/Control Engineer who will be responsible for the facilities design for Mechanical/Control and process systems in our new Solar Factories, taking HSE, best practices, building codes, space management and maintenance into consideration.
*Candidate must be willing to be stationed overseas for longer term, at least 6 months or longer when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the design, testing, commissioning and start-up of the relevant Systems, review and approval of
documentation, including support during handover to operations and maintenance teams.
Project Phase: -
- Propose and prepare concept design for mechanical and control for solar factories and utility areas, coordination with multiple teams to obtain relevant input to be included in the concept and design, and consider HSE, relevant regulations and building codes in the intended country, best practices, space management and maintenance as well as daily operations tasks.
- Work with Contractors to design, review and buy-off Mechanical/Control designs for Site Utility and Facilities for Solar Factories (both greenfield and brownfield).
- Mechanical systems includes HVAC, Newater, potable water systems, exhaust systems for acid / general / silane / VOC / NOx, scrubbers, abatements, CDA, waste water drains, DIW and PCW.
- Control Systems covers all facilities equipment Instruments, SCADA, PLC, HMI, Servers, Client & other ELV systems.
- Meeting Cost Budget without compromise to safety and long-term reliability of the buildings and facilities.
- Perform feasibility studies on Solar facility equipment installation and make recommendation for future manufacturing expansion plans where required.
- Prepare all required specification, operating procedure (SOP), working instructions (WI), Failure mode effect analysis (FMEA) and ensure all documentation are properly updated and maintained.
- Develop and conduct Risk Assessment (RA) for all Mechanical/Control designs for Site Utility and Facilities in Facilities.
- Conduct frequent site inspections and attend site meetings to ensure high quality standard work and timely delivery in accordance to schedule..
Start-Up and Ramp-Up Phase: -
- Work with Local team for the following to ensure the relevant system and maintenance of the relevant system is correctly set-up for the following: -
- Operations and maintenance of relevant systems in new Solar Factories, plan preventive maintenance for relevant systems etc.
- Prepare all required specifications, operating procedure (SOP), working instructions (WI), Failure mode
effect analysis (FMEA) and ensure all documentation are properly updated and maintained.
- Support general on-site technical & engineering matters relating to relevant systems.
- Support to resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Plan critical spare inventories for relevant systems.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned by reporting Manager
- Within all safety and quality requirements.
- On time start up and ramp up.
- Within budget start-up of production.
- Following all REC relevant established policies, processes & procedures.
- Other such duties relevant to position holders skills & experience that may be determined.
- The position holder has full responsibility for Project deliverables and activities pertinent to the Projects, and may execute according to individual project authorizations given in each case.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- At least 3 years relevant experience in Mechanical/Control Systems for Senior Engineer Position
- At least 5 years experience in design and project engineering of relevant systems, including installation and hookup
- Bachelors in Engineering, Technology or Science, preferably mechanical engineering of process engineering.
- Possess good understanding of P&ID & process flow drawings
- Familiar with rotating equipment’s, pumps, blowers, chillers, compressors.
- Knowledgeable in PLC/HMI/SCADA high level communication interfaces. Good knowledge in control system architecture and networking, PLC programming, SCADA configuration, and ELV systems.
- Familiar with Siemens S7 PLC systems, WinCC and HMI system is an added advantage.
- Good technical knowledge on the functionality of electrical equipment, instrumentations and process control systems commonly utilized in process plants.
- Good supervisory and leadership skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, independent and accountability
- Proactive & assertive team player
- Required skill(s): MS Office package, Autocad, scheduling SW
- Must be self-driven and able to think independently and out of the box
- Strong safety mindset
- Quality minded
- Must be organized, self-driven, creative, proactive
- Ability to write and speak fluent English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and do multitasking
- Outreaching character with Smart interpersonal abilities
- Analytical and critical, problem solving thinking
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels within the organization
- Proactive and responsible working attitude
- Ability to initiate without being asked
- Highly efficient personal skills – communication and organization
- Able to engage with other staff to work happily together
- Working experience in Solar/Semiconductors/Electronics manufacturing industries is an advantage, but not required
- Knowledge of working with EPCM / contractors / vendors is an advantage
- Physically capable to work indoors and outdoors in construction environments
- Candidate must be willing to be stationed overseas for longer term, at least 6 months or longer when required
- Auto Cad
- Building Codes