The School of Biological Sciences invites applications for the position of Manager, Biosciences Research Center.
- Managing Protein Production Platform projects. This requires interaction with academic, research and commercial customers, and proven previous experience in clone design, bacterial, insect and mammalian protein expression and protein purification techniques.
- Managing the specialized core facilities in the BioSciences Research Center (BRC): safety protocols, engagement with users and vendors.
- Provide training to users in core and BMI instruments
- Maintain and conduct troubleshooting for core and BMI instruments
- Prepare budget for both core and BMI facilities
- Managing the Biomolecular Interactions Unit (BMI) of the BRC, which hosts equipment such as analytical ultracentrifuge (AUC), dynamic light scattering (nanoSizer), Surface Plasmon resonance (Biacore), circular dichroism (CD), fluorimeter and microcalorimeter (ITC200)
- PhD with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Good interpersonal skills: interaction with academic, research and commercial customers.
- Proven previous experience in clone design, bacterial, insect and mammalian protein expression and protein purification techniques.
- At least a user level analytical ultracentrifugation (AUC), dynamic light scattering (DLS), Surface Plasmon resonance (Biacore), circular dichroism (CD), fluorimeter and microcalorimeter (ITC200).
- Knowledge of AUC, Stargazer, Circular dichroism, Dynamic light scattering, and especially hands-on experience in Surface Plasmon resonance (Biacore).
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage projects within tight deadlines
The School of Biological Sciences seeks a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all and recruit on the basis of merit, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, marital status and family responsibilities, or disability.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU
In line with Singapore’s nationwide Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS), employees must be fully vaccinated to return to the workplace, unless certified to be medically ineligible. For Information on VDS, please click [ Link removed ] .
- Bacteria Cultures
- Dynamic Light Scattering
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management