GSK CONSUMER HEALTHCARE – NUTRITION & DIGESTIVE HEALTH CATEGORY
- To assist Consumer Innovation Science R&D in delivering Innovation program for GSK Nutrition and Digestive Health (sold under the ENO, TUMS, HORLICKS, and SCOTT’S brands). The Industrial Placement student will work under the supervision of the Consumer Innovation Science lead and also collaborate with other functions of commercial, innovation, manufacturing, medical, regulatory, insights and R&D scientists in the company to provide appropriate and timely input into our global NDH Sensory and Product Understanding and innovation program.
This person would support the Sensory and Product Understanding team in undertaking consumer research, data analysis & innovation workshops, including [but not limited to] evaluating & summarizing consumer and sensory data. Key responsibilities include:
- Landscaping: understanding consumer, competitor, product trends to generate new insights and opportunities relevant for NDH category
- Data Mining: conducting review and analysis of previous consumer studies to generate new insights and learnings to strengthen current proposition or identify new opportunities for further research and exploration
- Consumer / Sensory research: assist in the preparation, planning, conduct, data analysis and documentation of consumer studies in NDH.
- Coordinating with other functions to prepare for consumer research studies – questionnaire review/alignment, sample preparation and shipments, internal clearances and approvals.
- Coordinating with respective agencies for preparation and conduct of consumer research studies
- Assist in the preparation of reports and documentation of relevant studies following internal SOPs and guidelines.
- Innovation Workshops: assist in the preparation, planning, and conduct of Innovation workshops for NDH.
- Working with internal and external partners to prepare for innovation workshops
- Assist in the facilitation and execution of Innovation workshops.
Business Skills and Competencies
- Educational background – studying Pharmacy, Food Science or Life Sciences related degree (undergraduates with one year remaining to graduation when starting role).
- Proficient in use of IT and software/systems, ideally document management and database systems.
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Deadline-driven, flexible with self-reliance to work in an empowered environment.
- Proactive attitude to process improvement.
- Awareness and ability to work within culturally diverse teams.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams, and focus on delivering assigned work.
- Strong drive for performance and attention to details
- A keen interest in food & nutrition science and development, and a passion for knowledge.
- Passion for consumer and product understanding
This role is an excellent opportunity to learn about the fast-moving consumer healthcare (FMCH) industry and experience the role of research & development in shaping business strategy. This role will be based in Singapore.